A couple weeks ago we stayed at my mom's for a few days. Cole needed to do some work on the house and I had lots of errands to run in Salt Lake. It was a nice change of scenery. Adelaide loves all the attention she gets with family. One of Adelaide's favorite things about my parents house is the dance studio. When my mom is teaching dance she won't leave. All day she wants me to go downstairs with her and put on music so she can watch herself in the mirror while she dances. My mom was cleaning out a bedroom down there and found some old dance costumes. Adelaide loved putting them on and seeing herself in them. She is going to be my little dancer. Oh I can't wait till she is old enough to go to dance class.
I love as Adelaide gets older she can do more things for herself. It's not a lot, but at least I can cook dinner or clean and she can entertain herself for awhile. I have to say that she is a pretty good girl. Whenever she is done eating something she will either bring it to me or just go throw it in the garbage by herself. She is really good at putting things back. She always remembers where she gets something and puts it back in the exact place. She knows what she wants...it is so funny to watch her pick out a book. She looks at all her books on her shelf and will pull out the same books every time. She loves books with animals, elmo, books that she can pull the paper up and see things under it, and with songs that go along with the book. It is fun to see her start to figure out her toys and I think she likes her baby toys more now then she did 6 months ago. As she gets older she is also throwing more fits. It is so funny to watch her have a melt down. Oh the joys of children.
One night Cole and I were cooking dinner and Adelaide was watching a show. She loves TV and probably could watch it all day if I let her. She usually will run in and out of the kitchen while we are cooking and we hadn't seen her for a while so Cole walked in the TV room and found her like this.

I am so glad you found me! Your little girl looks so much like a blackburn, so so cute! Congrats on baby #2! So, fun and so much easier of an adjustment than #1(for me anyway) I would seriously love to get together with you sometime. Let me know if you are ever around slc and have sometime. 801.755.6653
ReplyDelete