Monday, June 7, 2010

Great Idea!

I got a great idea on my friend Laura's blog to make dresses for little girls from Africa. Staying home all day and not really having any friends up here (I know I am a loser) I have been trying to find different ideas to take up some time. I started to make a blanket for Adelaide before she was born, but didn't finish and was sick of it. I have never really done anything on my own so this was my first sewing project other than in school. I think it turned out pretty good as long as you don't look to close. I think it's the cute fabric I found that really made it.
Of course I can't post something without putting a cute picture of Adelaide. Don't mind the clothes by her...I was doing some laundry.

3 comments:

  1. Yay! It turned out darling. Super easy right? I'm so glad you did it. Of course that baby of yours is so cute as always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my heck! i saw this too and want to do it so bad. I just keep thinking that is one more reason I should quit! so I could spend my time doing stuff that would help others! I think it turned out way cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cute dress! I have no sewing abilities at all so I'll always think anything is perfect! Oh by the way.. Cole and you got married 1 month before Jon and I.. and then you had Adelaide 1 month before I had Jacob. It's a total connection. HAHA... WY can be lonely huh with a new place and being a stay at home mom. This dress project will help lots of little girls though, I think that is just great!

    ReplyDelete