Living in Kemmerer we have dealt with many power outages. Last week we had the longest one yet. I woke up at 7:00 a.m to the power already out. By the time Adelaide and I got out of bed the temperature was already down to 66 degrees. We had heard the power should be back on before noon. We bundled up and started a fire with the 4 small logs we had in the house. We played music on my phone, danced, read books and played around. It was getting pretty cold in the house so we tried to stay in the living room by the fire. The fire soon ran out and I really didn't want to go fetch wood in our shed and go through snow up to my thighs. So I decided to teach Adelaide how to roast a mallow. Yes that is right we roasted marshmallows in our fireplace. DELICIOUS! Adelaide went down for her nap so I bundled her up and put 4 blankets on her. It was freezing now. Finally 2:00 p.m came and the power finally came back on. Our house got down to 56 degrees. It was such a long cold day.

No comments:
Post a Comment